FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Air Lines Plans to Reduce Seat Recline in Bet to Make Flyers Happy
Old Apr 15, 2019, 11:14 am
Frogbone

Programs: DL DM, PMNW 1MM, DL 1MM
Originally Posted by DCAFly
Since you don't have an intimate understanding on when anyone else in the world may find it "necessary" to work on a plane, it's probably best for you to just defer to their judgment.
I respectfully disagree.

I fully understand that people "need" to work whenever they can. But that doesn't mean everyone around them needs to cater to "their" needs.
Crammed in an airplane seat is not the most ideal place for many activities.
While they are "ok" to sleep, read, listen to music or watch a movie, they are "not so ok" to work on a laptop, recline or no recline.
I think if we are honest we can agree on that part.
Now, we are all in this together and some of us have a legitimate reason why we recline our seat.
I for one have a spinal condition that is extremely uncomfortable sitting upright. Upright in F or upright in Y doesn't make much of a difference. So in order for me to have a half way decent flight I must recline my seat or else I'm in pain.
Does that "maybe" impact YOUR ability to comfortably hack away on your laptop? Probably but not necessarily.
Who's activity is more important ? In your view it is yours but in my view it is mine. Neither one of us is right here.
I have no other choice as far as my back pain goes. You have a choice of working on a laptop or doing what 90% of the others do on a plane. Whatever that is.