FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Bangkok, Sukhumvit in Thailand REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Apr 15, 2019, 10:29 am
adambadam

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by escape4
Thanks for the review and feedback.

Did you think the hotel was great at that price relative to other hotels in Bangkok you have stayed at, or relative to other cities?

The reason I am asking is that actually I have not stayed there yet specifically because it seems to be overpriced (my uninformed opinion) relative to other options in Bangkok. More often than not, HR is more expensive than all Marriott/SPG options except St.Regis. So I have been reluctant to pull the trigger to try HR so far given that I am relatively satisfied with other options which are cheaper anyway.

Also did you book the entry level room and got upgrade to a suite, or did you book a higher category room?
Booked entry level and got the upgrade from that.

The days I was looking it seemed the price was about 60% of the Peninsula, which I have stayed at before. Yeah Peninsula is nicer, and being on the river is neat depending on what you are looking for, but this was still very nice and comfortable.