FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Gold recognition on Cathay flight
View Single Post
Old Apr 15, 2019, 10:16 am
tedhl
Original Member

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, CX DM, QF GO, AA LT GO, UA SL, LH FT, Marr LT Titanium, Shang DM, Hyatt Glob, Hilton DM
they seem to be changing such order from time to time (for whatever reason), and different order somehow in different purposes...

say this op-up priority, a few years ago it used to be DM+ > DM > GO > OWE > OWS > Silver...or something like that. OWE just after MPO GO but before MPO SL.

but say on airport standby priority (at least my experience in more than a couple of instances in Beijing / Shanghai), I was told clearly OWE is right after MPO DM but ahead of MPO GO...but at least as of a couple of years ago.

I once asked to change to my BA number for a long haul flight in J...then the check-in agent asked me, are you sure, we have seat 1K reserved for you (op up), but if you change to BA number, you'll lose it... but there's also once I have a regional op-up to F...that's already confirmed before I got to the HK airport. I forgot why but maybe I just want to try the system, I asked to change it to BA at check-in, they didn't say anything, and eventually I got to keep the upgrade.

in general, if I put in my BA OWE number they do still ask me for my meal preference first too (I think in most cases they don't know I'm DM). although I don't quite feel they're tracking my spending as an OWE...