FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA's move from Ataturk to the new Istanbul airport
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:02 am
jwhite9185

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by dubistokay

It was just my expectations. I did 4 TK sectors this week and firmly expected them to be one notch below the ME3, however they came out way lower than the European legacy carriers. The cherry on top was IST-LHR in 777 biz - I wanted a drink after the service and the crew was nowhere to be seen. I resorted to pressing the call button which I normally avoid - no response despite repeated calls by me and my seat neighbour for an hour. Ultimately I found them all congregated in the front galley. They wanted my seat number and I did ask why the calls have been ignored. The attendant just laughed...so I left it. Either way, the said drink was abruptly taken away 40min prior to landing. Hate to give the impression that I’m judging an airline based on one flight, however it was in line with the other 3 sectors - incredibly rude crew, seated 30-35min prior to landing, broken IFE, broken WiFi and whatnot.
Sounds very similar to my experience flying with them LHR-IST. Except my drink never turned up.