FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LOT Polish 787 Dreamliner experience reports
Old Apr 15, 2019, 6:20 am
newbiztraveler

Programs: Marriott Ambassador & LT Titanium, UA Silver, AA PLT
Took LOT26 back from WAW-JFK. Experience:
  • Used the business class lounge outside passport control, which was fairly busy.
  • Boarding experience was a little bit more controlled. People were turned away for being in the wrong line for business class. Economy boarding looked more like Hunger Games.
  • Separate jetbridge for business class in Warsaw was nice.
  • Pre-departure champagne, juice, or water
  • No one offered to take my coat, despite multiple FAs walking back and forth, and me holding it very obviously in my lap. Finally, when one of the FAs was passing out newspapers, after we pushed back and were going to the runway, I asked if she could hang it, and she did.
  • Canapé was the same as ex-JFK, a toothpick with some veggies (for VGML). Standard looked to be something with fish & caviar
  • Overall VGML catering seemed slightly better ex-WAW than ex-JFK
  • Service was worse than ex-JFK. Last drink order never came (port during dessert). Flight attendants completely disappeared after dinner service was completed, never to be seen until breakfast. Not what I've seen with other carriers, with FAs walking around with water, tea, coffee, checking in. Just completely hiding in the galley until breakfast.
  • Cabin lights were turned off after dinner. Passengers controlled their own windows and most were dimmed, although one left theirs open for quite a while.
  • Again, no offer to make the bed.
  • Lights again came on with 1:45 left in the flight, windows were all opened.
  • Only one jetbridge in JFK, but the FAs blocked economy until business class was off the plane.