FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is BA First really like?
View Single Post
Old Apr 15, 2019, 4:17 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by baldfatchris
My wife and I recently flew BA First from London to Mexico City. Overall it was a thoroughly disappointing experience. Here's a breakdown:
The arrival experience at Heathrow is great - the first class check-in area is very pleasant and you have a dedicated route through security and straight into the lounge.
Many thanks for the detailed comments, and let me also welcome you to Flyertalk baldfatchris and the BA forum,. it's good to see you here, and thank you so much for taking the time to give this detailed account of your trip.

I think the main problems best stand as you reported them. The remote control is indeed a bit week, so I just normally touch the screen to navigate, it's a bit more intuitive. The dial issue - yes I see what you mean, as someone who gets to use First more than most it really hadn't occurred to me before. But it would be good for anyone new to First to be aware of it. I like it because it gives a good granularity to the seat position. There should have been a laminated blue card in the magazine rack explaining how to use it, and the lighting system which is also a bit complex if you are not used to it.

The noise - well presumably this was a 787-9 aircraft. with perhaps not so experienced Mixed Fleet crew on it, so you have the quadruple whammy of a low noise aircraft, a very cramped galley, a brand new service régime, and crew trying to find dozens of items in many dozens of storage locations - which may well be different to the other aircraft the crew work on. No easy answer to that one! However over time there will be more longer term MF crew staying on, and familiarity will improve.