FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is BA First really like?
View Single Post
Old Apr 15, 2019, 3:51 am
thatflyer

Programs: BA - Gold, EK - Gold
Originally Posted by baldfatchris
So, in summary, the experience wasn't great. It wasn't even good. At best I would call it mediocre.
I should point out that I am a frequent Emirates flyer, and my benchmark is Emirates First Class which, if not perfect, sets the benchmark pretty high. On this scale, BA First Class is about equivalent to Emirates Business Class on a poor day. I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone who has ever flown Emirates Business Class or above.
Totally agree. I have posted about this service before. Personally I think their hard product is good. What they need to improve on is the customer service. It is the small things that matter.

Like showing me to my seat. Or allowing the First passengers to exit the plane first and hold back the business people - rather than leaving me to try and slip into the exiting crowd awkwardly as though I am trying to queue jump.

Apparently it is due to lack of first class training so I have been told. If they sorted these small things out I would fly BA all the time. But since they don't I fly Emirates for the majority of the time.