FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Late May, Pilatus or ?
View Single Post
Old Apr 14, 2019, 2:53 pm
craz
Suspended

Late May, Pilatus or ?

Some info, 1 - was once at Pilatus took then train from ZRH and the boat all the way to the cog railway, got on top and couldnt see more then a couple of feet in front of me Fog. Purchased as 1 tkt from train station @ ZRH

2- Ive been to Titilis with great visibility (not looking to go back)

3- so my question is whats the cheapest way to buy a tkt to go up Pilatus, I dont need the boat ride again or the cog railway. So its train to bus to cable cars up & down, do I buy like last time 1 tkt at the train station or 2 1 for the train and the other bus and cablecar? Is there a site to check before going to know what its like up on top, so I dont waste my time and $$ again? Will also walk around Luzern , last time it was straight onto the boat and only walked across the woodern bridge an dback to garb a train, that was before it burnt down.

I will be ZRH based so its a day trip, had to be in ZRH on a Thurs night which was changed to Weds night so from a 3 night stay it became a 4 night stay and with MR stay 4 (award stay) get the 5th free so now I have a 5 night stay with having to find what to do for Thurs and Sun thought Pilatus 1 day and train and bus to Lichtenstein the other (just to say Ive been there

Did Uetilberg a couple of times , once the cable car was down so we had to walk all the way down. Its been awhile since I was there but prefer to do something outside of ZRH, climbing to the top of the tower took alot out of me, but what a view! (didnt take any water with me on the climb, big mistake)