FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Time for me to move on - charged a cancellation fee after being told I wouldn't
Old Apr 14, 2019, 10:03 am
ethernal

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by clublounger
I think we are all owed a screenshot of what the confirmation email stated as the cancellation policy.

The OP has not been clear or convincing that he cancelled within the allowable timeframe. We are only fed a bunch of what was and what might have. been.

Be forthcoming OP.

Seriously? I assume you're trolling. The language I'm citing is common to all reservations.

Maybe I'm feeding the troll, but here's the full walk. I have censored out rate details / pricing and the hotel because it is a non-published rate.

You could of course claim I am lying about the fact that Reservations promised that I would not be cancelled as I do not have a recording of that call. But I promise you that the agent reiterated multiple times I would not be charged a cancellation fee. Marriott has the call recording, so they know the facts there.

The original reservation email:

The rate details from the app::

The call to Marriott at 5:43 PM (the calls the next day were to try to fix the issue):

The cancellation email (note it took place during the same time as the call):

And finally... the invoice with the cancellation fee:

Happy?