FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Air Lines Plans to Reduce Seat Recline in Bet to Make Flyers Happy
Old Apr 12, 2019, 11:41 pm
aquamarinesteph

Programs: AA; Delta GM
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
I fly lots of 320's and 319's on 3+ hour flights, 30 - 40 a year. They are probably the most used A/C at MSY and fly MSY to LGA, JFK, LAX, SLC, MSP, DTW. I'm all for the change.

You can't open the tray table in F normally when the person in front of you completely reclines. You have to lift it from the armrest 90 degrees, unfold it and then put it down, most of the time having to push the seat in front of you to get sufficient clearance.

You also can barely see the IFE since there's insufficient tilt of the screen to compensate for the extreme angle.

I'm all for this.
I second all of the above. I had major issues on my last flight (in F) when dinner was being served. The guy in front of me decided to take that opportunity to lean his seat back all the way which mean grabbing my tray as he fiddled and adjusted his seat. Then I could barely see the screen on the seat back, but I'm sure he was quite comfy. I'm all for this change.