FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GUIDE: AA Boarding Priority, Order and Related Issues (as of 2018)
Old Apr 12, 2019, 12:56 pm
AAdamE

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
I noticed this flying standby - usually board group 4 and don't see how many people are behind me or group 5. Has anyone seen someone try and board in group 3-5 and get denied because they're in a lower group? I get that group 4 encompasses a lot of folks, GLD, Citi Exec, Airpass, etc, but there are times (not talking about biz routes) where I think there is NO way there could be that many folks in this group. It seemed like gate lice saw a ton of people in group 4 and 5 and just started to filter into those lines. As in they were confused by the 9 boarding groups and saw a bunch of people getting on a plane and decided they should too. Again I get that on biz routes most of the plane could be elite. It just seems like AAgents just scan your pass and let you on - I've only seen issues with folks trying to pre-board without having pre-board.