FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2017 skytrax places AC back at #1 in N.A.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 9:46 am
ridefar

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by skybluesea
So who today received the email from Air Canada with the SkyTrax poll. For any of you who understand statistics, immense problem with self-select bias, and of course an entire industry exists in China where corporations pay to fill in these polls to generate the results they want.

would be interesting if someone understands the rules of the Toronto Stock exchange, that should AC be found to paying for rigged results, could this lead to sanctions or even a class action suit against AC if this were affect their stock value?
I doubt they are that dumb. It is possible however.

More importantly it is pretty obvious that almost nobody is properly qualified to respond. How many people fly many airlines frequently enough to form an opinion with sufficient evidence to be valid (ie not “I flew airline A once and they sucked because blah blah blah”) but not so frequently as to have top tier status on only one of the airlines (not me — I am SE but don’t fly DL and UA and BR 20 times a year) which would inevitably skew their perceptions too and hopefully significantly. If I, as an SE, don’t have a lot better experience than a FOTSG something isn’t kosher in Denmark. Or how many people achieve top tier across many airlines? If you aren’t a member of one of those two groups you can’t really submit a valid response. So it is total bs.