FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Back-to-back (B2B) / Immediate Turnarounds at BA Destinations
Old Apr 12, 2019, 8:35 am
Rubecula

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by travelsbyplane
Thanks for your input. Though I understand the rule about a back-to-back technically being classed as a return, and not a transit, would this not just apply to a TWOV scenario where one would be denied boarding? What I was thinking of was actually getting a transit visa, but on the day would just choose to stay in the transit zone. Or do you think BA staff at LHR would insist on it being a tourist visa? From reading info on various forums, it seems that for a tourist visa, you have to get a sponsor e.g. hotel tourist voucher, so not sure this would work for b2b.

Interesting, and all quite complicated really! Maybe the best option is to just do a 1 night stay and go for a tourist visa! To be honest I'd be very interested to explore a bit of Moscow anyway.

Thanks all for the advice.
If you have a transit visa but are not doing a transit but rather a return there is a high risk you will be denied boarding in LHR. I would not do it.