FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COU Shut Down Over Apparent Runway Issue
View Single Post
Old Apr 12, 2019, 8:35 am
HLCinCOU

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by thunderlounge
I don’t mind STL. Nice little AC, easy in and out (parking construction aside for now), and real pre-check. I do mind the drive and paying for parking though.
Oh yeah, the airport itself is fantastic. It's so overbuilt and overstaffed (at least in T1) you get through security at just about normal walking speed. Just like you said the only issue is location.

Originally Posted by maskedmesothorium
I would definitely be annoyed if I was suddenly expected to drive 2 hours for my flight booked out of COU, especially if I paid a premium to fly out of the local airport. I don't know if that's still true, since the few times I flied out of COU I think the only service was to MEM on Delta and airfares were usually significantly higher than flying out of STL.
Yeah, as thunderlounge said, the premium is much lower now. Still there though...I had paid right at $300 for my one-way COU-DFW-AUS, whereas the same ticket ex-STL would probably be $220 or so (which is what the return cost me when I booked it post-closure). And then there's the fact that parking is free at COU. Inasmuch as it wasn't my money, I was less concerned with the extra expense than the inconvenience; I won't go so far as intentionally booking more-expensive-than-necessary fares to bag extra EQD, but when it happens by accident I don't get real worked up.