FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is baggage handling getting worse?
View Single Post
Old Apr 12, 2019, 4:45 am
Lux Flyer

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
  • Bags not loaded on 2 different trips where I was re-routed due to MX. Per the AAgents, they can't rebook you on new flights without >60 minutes notice (supposedly, so the baggage handlers have time to move the bags). However, both times they failed to move the bags.
I feel like this is so hit and miss and depends on the airport. I got rebooked yesterday to an earlier flight with 55 minutes notice, and they tagged my bag for the new flight, granted this was at international recheck, and they just put a handwritten tag on it to expedite on the earlier flight I was taking. It was also in the priority lane which probably helped. Companion 8 minutes later got refused saying they had to be there 45 minutes prior and there wouldn't be enough time to recheck the bag properly via main lane. Flight ended up delayed 30 minutes at the gate, so I managed to get my companion on the earlier flight as boarding was finishing (way more hassle then needed given 10+ seats were open and flights were covered by a weather waiver, but apparently the agents couldn't see the weather waiver in their system, so I pulled it up on my phone, still refused to acknowledge it, called reservations and they overrode the system). Anyways my bag made it, companion's went on the later one, which ended up delayed 2 hours later. We just went to baggage claim and told them the bag didn't make the earlier flight we were put on, and they used a courier to get it to us.