FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott-family hotels in Bangkok, Thailand, pre-2014
Old Aug 11, 2004, 10:45 am
bhatnasx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mayfair Hotel - BKK - Marriott Executive Residences

Has any one ever stayed at The Mayfair Executive Residences?

I'm going to BKK and they've got a 3-bedroom suite for 210/night - I'll be traveling with 4 other people, so it'd be 42/person/night (in BKK for 2 nights) and it includes a full hot breakfast. Last time I was in BKK, I stayed at the Marriott Riverside, which was a very nice hotel. I'm inclined to stay there again, but as we're 5 people, we'd need 2 rooms & one person would have to sleep on a roll-away. The Mayfair has 3 bedrooms (1 King, 1 Queen, and 2 twins) and that would work out for us perfectly (3 singles & a couple - the couple would take the King room).

Anyone know how close/far this is from a Skytrain station (it says easy walking distance on the website)? Anyone ever stay here and have anything good/bad to say? If you were going to BKK with 4 other people (who have never been anywhere but Europe before), would you stay here or would you stay at the Marriott Riverside (I'm not really interested in the JW Marriott that much).

Thanks!