FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JNB / Johannesburg Airport - Connections, Facilities, Layovers, etc.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 6:28 pm
craigsf

Programs: UA Platinum, *G, HH Gold, Amtrak Select Plus, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by B747-437B
1) SAA should be able to check your bags in from Windhoek all the way to Honolulu.
2) There are dozens of passengers who do similar routings between SA-QF every day, so they are extremely used to passengers connecting airside in transit. Qantas has a large transit desk at the airside connection center.
3) You cannot use the re-check desks to check-in for an international itinerary, only for domestic. The re-check desks are located after immigration, baggage claim and customs. There is no Qantas presence here.
Thanks very much Ditto and B747-437B. Sounds like I can make it work. For the Qantas airside desk though, would that be open more than 3 hours before the QF flight (or can I access it at any time from the transit area and just go back when it's open, I'm not sure if I pass through additional security, etc. after that)?