FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways / QR: Redeem AA Miles for Award (master thd)
Old Apr 11, 2019, 8:04 am
StartinSanDiego
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Is anyone finding LAX-DOH or DOH-LAX business class availability at the end of the schedule? I've had no success from the start of January 2020 to the start of March, checking for over a month now. Other gateway cities are randomly available but never (for me) LAX.
We did. I don't know how we got so lucky! Mr StartInSanDiego was checking the schedule regularly to get us home from South Africa in February. We had JNB-DOH on hold, with the plan to add DOH to Dallas, then Dallas to San Diego, Santa Ana or LAX. We had random segments on hold the day before our target date, just in case. Magically, at 3am PST on the AA release date, the DOH to LAX was released and we nabbed it. It hadn't been coming up for days, but there it was, on the day we wanted. There were 4 seats and we booked 2 of them, and were luckily able to put that segment on hold for a friend on the same itinerary, which she later booked using her own points. It priced at out 75.000 AA miles pp/ow. I felt like we won the lottery!