FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - M&M Mastercard and Diners for UK members [ended April 2021]
Old Apr 11, 2019, 6:39 am
Richmond_Surrey

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
My limit is less than half of the previous (MBNA) M&M credit card. I have not tried to increase the limit but it’s useful to know that it can be done relatively easily.
My limit was nowhere near my MBNA limit. More like 1/6 of it, so pretty useless for any serious payments.

I also had to deal with rather large veterinary bills recently and the MasterCard was rejected. I didn’t even think of trying Diners. I wish I had tried. I’ve also had several other rejections both online and at POS which I find annoying. I’m not sure if I’ll keep the card(s) as I don’t need them to prevent my miles from expiring.
Yeah, I wouldn't think of using Diners either. I would not expect it to work but now I pay with it every time at vet. Also got the promised miles for declined transactions but had to send email after they were missing from statement.

When I called to activate my card the phone agent offered to check nearby ATMs based on my postcode where the PIN could be changed. A petrol station and two discount stores.
I found cash machine nearby on the list online, I just never got to go there and now shop is closing down.