FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flight cancelled, OTA refused to rebook on another carrier despite airline say yes
Old Apr 10, 2019, 12:37 pm
oh101

Programs: UA,AC,DL,AA
Yes! Exactly the same price. The reason I booked it with them because of when I tried to purchased the ticket from 9W. My credit card company block the transaction due to suspicion of fraud. At the time my credit card company is not open (during the night). So I look around and book it with this OTA and voila.

But at least I can consider myself lucky. I can't imagine, if I travel to the airport to check in and find out the flight was cancelled. Everybody in my party who booked the ticket directly can be accommodated to another flight but I have to phone my OTA, wait for their response and get stuck at the airport.

Originally Posted by IntVic
".....absolutely absurd that OTA not even try to solve the issued..." Sorry to say I am not at all surprised by their lack of attention in resolving your issue. Assuming you paid the same amount as your friends who booked directly with the airline, I suspect that FlightNetwork makes small margins on ticket sales. Customer service costs money and so they and many OTAs are not interested in having exceptional after care and service.
Again, I am sorry to learn of your experience.