FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton London Angel Islington {GBR}
View Single Post
Old Apr 10, 2019, 11:30 am
wizla

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by wizla
Arrived 2-30pm, no pre upgrade as hotel is sold out so I took the step of securing a top floor double guest room as booked, no upgrade on arrival but this is understandable.
Room to be fair is quite nice double is an English queen and comfy, view is of inner courtyard and near lift but is quiet, two waters, nice decor and a reasonable size.
Bathroom is ok, no bath but monsoon shower, again a reasonable size too.
Popped to lounge for a coffee at 3pm, no afternoon tea as such but Alpen bars and posh crisps ( chips if you are from the USA) .
Did notice that there was only take away cups ,and fridge has cans of cola and lemonade rather than bottles, no big deal but not very executive .
Now gonna use gym and then back to the lounge for evening service. I’m not expecting anything great but will engage an open mind ......will report back!
Arrived at lounge just after 6pm, it’s half full but is a very small lounge, it’s now 6-20 and nearly full ....strange hours here booze 5-8, canapés 6-8.
Probably the most disappointing canapés I’ve ever seen, tasty but poor selection.

BEERS - budvar

SPIRITS - none .

WNE - red white and rose ( no fizz )

CANAPÉS - chicken wings, tortilla chips, Italian ham on bruschetta, tomatoes on bruschetta and crudités.

My lady is vegetarian and is very disappointed......we are off to the gate restaurant which claims to be the best vegetarian restaurant in London so that’s the saving grace, it’s a 10min walk from hotel..
Will report back!