FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Flagship Lounge (merged threads)
Old Aug 11, 2004, 8:12 am
Crazy4Birds

Originally Posted by millionmiler
You are entitled to go to the AA FL lounge on arrival but as CX departs from a different terminal its not that useful. I guess if you have a 4 hour layover you could spend the first hour or 2 in the AA FL before changing terminals and going back through security.

CX has a lounge that you will be able to go to but its probably the worst in CX network. Its small and crowded. They do have an extra "first class" room at the back that you are entitled to sit in because you are EXP, but its even smaller with no food or drinks.
If I had a 4 hour layover AND was already checked in for my CX flight, I'd spend at least 2 1/2 hours in the AA FL...it takes only 5 minutes to walk to the Bradley terminal, where the security lines have recently been fairly short in my experience. CX usually opens a second lounge since they have 2 flights leaving close to each other, and they use the AF lounge, which is nicer than the CX lounge except that the food and drink selection is more limited...go figure (unfortunately they don't cater it the same way that AF does!)