FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Good service on Aerolineas Argentinas, terrible airport and web operations
Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:24 am
ricktoronto

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior200

On top of that, it is virtually impossible to find the English language portion of their web site that actually allows check in, etc. (Google only directs you to an English version web site that offers no functions), and unless I missed it, there's only a Spanish language app to be downloaded, with the result I had to constantly use Google Translate to do electronic check in and other functions.
Quite easy to find it all and a lot of info there, and various services, even flight changes.

Use the Argentina-English version of the site here: https://www.aerolineas.com.ar/en-ar , not the same as the Google delivers but there is a link on what Google sends you to, just change the language.

Honestly they should have the same features on any version but Google seems to send a searcher to a site for booking on them only. I think that's due to having search preferences as English so you get the crawled native english booking site, not their actual customer site which is going to be aimed at mainly Argentinians, I'd imagine.

As for all this last minute shoving, not too uncommon but I'd not be outside security near boarding time in a large or even smaller Latin American airport. The rugby scrum is usually repeated at the first sign of boarding as well, screw all this business class stuff, let's go! Andale!