FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]
Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:22 am
jdang

I upgraded my Amex card for the 100k points. The points posted few days after I reached the 5k spend. The membership fee finally posted about a month after I upgraded my card.

My Renew date is November, I upgraded Feb/March and the Membership Fee posted April. My membership fee was $300(was expecting 450 so 150 discount was pleasant surprise) and then I got like 66 adjustment credit. I already received my 300 credit on room spend so upgrading my card pretty much made the card $29 for the year. I think it was well worth it to upgrade if you have the 100k offer.

I'm probably just keeping the card for the 50k cert for $150(I can normally get rooms between $350-450 so saves me $200-300 bucks). Spending 300 is so easy, if you need to find ways to spend 300 to each year you probably shouldn't bother getting this card. All the other benefits on the card is not really worth it if you have the chase card. I wonder if I should try upgraded my chase one to the RC so I have 2 50k certs each year.