FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate Status
View Single Post
Old Apr 10, 2019, 6:41 am
Macaron54

Programs: AF/KL FB Ultimate Platinum for Life/Club 2000, UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Excellent ^
I’d like to ask you something about the 1st information you got that A fare was not eligible. As you are based in the US, by any chance was it at night Europe time when you called them ?
I am asking that because every time I called the TA team in France from the US (at night) because of an irrop or any question, the service was “bad”. At night (in France), calls are taken by the Plat line but I had the feeling many times that the call was taken by a “regular” agent on duty and was not properly trained on Plat/Ulti stuff or was on a “service minimum” mode.
I hardly ever call the Travel Assistant team; I mostly interact with them by e-mail, which I find more convenient. Lately, my messages have been answered by a number of new agents, but when it comes to a tricky issue, the matter is dealt with by the same senior person I have been exchanging with since the early days of the program. When I very occasionally speak with her, the English is flawless, with a hint of Dutch accent. I understand she and the rest of the Travel Assistant team handling overseas customers are based in Europe.