FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The main course pre-order choice thread
View Single Post
Old Apr 9, 2019, 11:25 pm
HoneymoonFlyer

Originally Posted by david55
Upon awaking in F on our recent SEA-LHR flight, the FA serviced the cabin from back to front for breakfast, the opposite of the dinner service. I was up front. Although I was one of the first to awaken, I was one of the last to be served, even a first cup of coffee, which I sorely needed. Granted I didn't ask, but the FA , fairly young and I believe new, was so busy working the cabin to the other back of cabin passengers, I felt uncomfortable asking. She approached each passenge , took their order then disappeared until the order was ready to be served, doing one passenger at a time. It took about 30 minutes or so to get my service.

Is this norm?

I felt this was one of the only annoying issues..... I need my early morning coffee.
I had a similar ish experience last year. What I put it down to is that there isn’t really a set ‘second meal service’ given that it is dine on demand and you could have asked for it at any time. We were almost at the 40 mins to landing mark when my wife - having waited patiently for her turn to be served was asked - ‘did you want anything more to eat today?’. To us it was obviously yes, but given that the idea is that you ask for what you want any time I guess the crew were working on the assumption that we would ask for what we wanted.

As is is so often the case with these things - if you want something, ask for it!