FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premier Rewards Gold refresh: 4x USA dining, groceries, $10/mon dining credit. $250.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 6:54 pm
GundamWing01

Originally Posted by christianj
Anyone know how the dining credit works at month end? During Jan and Feb my $10 transaction credit always posted in the same month as the actual transaction with Grubhub, ShakeShack, etc.. In March however, my charge was put through on the AMEX as Grubhub on 3/31 but the $10 credit didn't post till 4/3. Can I be safe to assume that this would correctly be applied to my March credit since that is the day of the transaction? Or do I need to call them to sort this?
month end is very risky as you know. just like amex airline credits. for airline credits, there are DPs about 12/31 transaction date (not post date) actually working for the prior year even tho it posts in the new year. however, for amex PRG dining, its very different. the TC is very very clear about post date being critical vs transaction date.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...-0#offer-terms
American Express relies on the merchant to process transactions within the same calendar month that you made the purchase in order to apply the $10 monthly statement credit in the month that it was intended. For example, if you make an eligible purchase on the last day of the month and the merchant doesn't process that transaction until the next day, the transaction date will reflect the next day's date and the statement credit would be applied in the following month.

i have messed up twice already and made the transaction on the last day. the post date was in the new month and the credit was applied for the new month vs the prior month. I had to make a phone call each time. plenty of people still clueless about this and spreading wrong information.

Last edited by GundamWing01; Apr 9, 2019 at 7:13 pm