FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions on wheelchair transfer between TBIT and T6 in LAX
Old Apr 9, 2019, 4:26 pm
ahg2003

Questions on wheelchair transfer between TBIT and T6 in LAX

My elderly parents are arriving at TBIT terminal in LAX. They have connecting Alaska airlines flight from terminal 6. I'm planning to fly to LAX and meet with them to ensure they don't run into any issues as they don't speak English. We are flying to SFO together. I have requested the wheelchair for them as they cannot walk long distance. I have never been to LAX so just wanted to check if someone can answer these questions.

1. Is there a separate line for immigration for wheelchair passengers at LAX? Probably, they'll be the last ones to offboard the plane and there's 3.5 hours between the flights so just wanted to ensure they'll be done with immigration with some time to spare for the transfer.
2. Is the bag drop for Alaska airlines after customs or they have to take the bags to Alaska ticketing counter? Their tickets are all the way to SFO.
3. How are they going to be transferred to terminal 6 on Wheelchair? Internally in the wheelchair/electric cart or outside via the shuttle?

I read somewhere that the wheelchair guys cannot go across terminals? Is that true?

If I arrive LAX on Delta (probably terminal 2 or 3), what is the best place to meet up with them? I'll have the same day boarding pass, can I meet with them right after they are done with customs?

Thanks!