FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - M&M Mastercard and Diners for UK members [ended April 2021]
Old Apr 9, 2019, 11:27 am
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
Some practical information from last few months of card usage:
1. It's a charge card and in theory there's no limit but it's printed on card statement. Mine was rather low and I asked to increase it. I was asked how much I want and then to send 3 months of bank statements by email, after redacting all sensitive information. I called around 16.00 and was told told it will be checked straight away and if approved, applied the same night. Got confirmation around 18.00, that limit was increased. Pretty quick process.
My limit is less than half of the previous (MBNA) M&M credit card. I have not tried to increase the limit but it’s useful to know that it can be done relatively easily.

2. It seems that pre-paid Mastercard doesn't work in veterinary clinics (known issue they are aware of). I was told to use Diners and that I will be awarded with miles for transactions that were rejected. I haven't had my statement yet, to confirm, that miles were awarded. I used Diners on next visit and was surprised it works at vet. They use Worldpay terminal, not sure from what bank. It's actually the only place in UK, where I managed to pay with Diners so far.
I also had to deal with rather large veterinary bills recently and the MasterCard was rejected. I didn’t even think of trying Diners. I wish I had tried. I’ve also had several other rejections both online and at POS which I find annoying. I’m not sure if I’ll keep the card(s) as I don’t need them to prevent my miles from expiring.

5. I still wasn't able to change PIN on Diners. Not a lot of ATMs that allow that.
When I called to activate my card the phone agent offered to check nearby ATMs based on my postcode where the PIN could be changed. A petrol station and two discount stores.