FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France
View Single Post
Old Apr 9, 2019, 9:19 am
bgriff

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Sounds like you had a very nice visit. I've always thought November–April is the best time to visit Paris because the tourists are considerably fewer than May–September.

For what it's worth, this is actually the standard:

The drink coupons were, however, over-and-above the standard required recognition. I personally think a daily drink coupon should be required at Renaissance properties, as it seems like a notable number of Renaissance properties don't have club, executive, or concierge lounges.
Interesting, I can't keep track of the many different breakfast benefit rules by brand and region. I guess I was shorted by the Ren Barcelona, then, where breakfast was given in lieu of the 1000 points, but I have enough self-esteem not to descend into Bonvoy customer service hell to try to get that corrected.

But in any case, in addition to the free drinks, offering the breakfast and other elite benefits for both rooms is also above and beyond the T&Cs I believe. So good for the hotel there.

Originally Posted by Kacee
Of the Marriotts, I like the Ren Republique location best, as it's a real neighborhood. Vendome is extremely convenient. Marriott doesn't really have any properties in the areas I would most prefer to stay (6th or 7th).

I've never liked staying in this part of the right bank (1st/8th/17th), and consider the Champs Elysees the Paris equivalent of Times Square or Fisherman's Wharf. Moreover, this property's specific location is utterly lacking in charm . . . about the best you can say about it is it's reasonably close to the metro.

I agree the breakfast at this property is good and the rooms are large. But my only stay here, I was given a very poor room overlooking Avenue Wagram on a very expensive (over $600) rate, and found the front desk staff extremely arrogant (FDA insisted on speaking English to me, despite my French being at least as good as her English).
Location of Ren Republique looks interesting and I may have to try that on a future stay. For this stay, the touristy location was fine and the Eiffel Tower view was a particular benefit of this property, but I can see how the location is not ideal for someone who wants a more Parisian, less touristy stay.

I will say, I did find the service to be very friendly throughout our stay, but YMMV of course.