FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Back-to-back (B2B) / Immediate Turnarounds at BA Destinations
Old Apr 9, 2019, 5:07 am
flyuk

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by Globaliser
And what are you going to do if your LHR-AMS is on time, but you only discover when you're at the baggage belt that there is some unexpected delay to baggage delivery? I think I know the answer, but you'd have to make sure that you have a plan that you're comfortable with, and that you know the time when your partner will have to abandon you to complete the circuit and head for the AMS-LHR flight.
I spoke with her last night. Plan is that if the luggage is held up, she's going to continue the loop and go out back in for the return. She has 2 hours, which I think is reasonable without luggage. She will probably head to the check in desks directly from immigration and wait for me there. If I don't make it, she'll check in and go through. I'll just rebook for the next day with all the luggage.

You'd still have to hope that the risks in a 2-hour break at AMS don't materialise. There are still probably more risks in doing that than in doing a back-to-back.
I considered just putting the luggage on my ticket, asking for it to be short checked at LHR and dropping the last leg and staying with the luggage until she come back. I'm less likely to do this though, because it's quite premeditated and could cause problems with BA.