FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Back-to-back (B2B) / Immediate Turnarounds at BA Destinations
Old Apr 9, 2019, 4:47 am
Globaliser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by flyuk
There are two of us, so if we are running late on the AMS inbound I'll get my other half to switch to a proper B2B, collect all the luggage, and come back the next day. My booking is an avios booking, hers is club but was just hoping we could both get on the flight on the same day.
And what are you going to do if your LHR-AMS is on time, but you only discover when you're at the baggage belt that there is some unexpected delay to baggage delivery? I think I know the answer, but you'd have to make sure that you have a plan that you're comfortable with, and that you know the time when your partner will have to abandon you to complete the circuit and head for the AMS-LHR flight.
Originally Posted by flyuk
I might be able to convince the JAL staff at CTS to short check our luggage to LHR, then she can do the AMS loop and I can just wait for her.
You'd still have to hope that the risks in a 2-hour break at AMS don't materialise. There are still probably more risks in doing that than in doing a back-to-back.