FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:55 pm
agjil

About a week ago, I was in a situation where I had to book a flight one day prior to departure.
Luckily last-minute award seats were available, so I tried to book one with my JL miles using the JL Mileage Bank website.
However, the website kept giving me an error message that said "Error: The requested departure date is too soon. Please modify your dates and try again", and wouldn't allow me to book the flight that was one day out.
At the end I had to use AA miles instead to book the flight.

Now that a few days have passed and I had some time to think about it, I am wondering whether JL Mileage Bank has a rule where one needs to book award flights at least X days out.
Does JL have such a rule?

Also, even if last-minute award flights cannot be booked online, is there a chance they could be booked over the phone instead?
I did not think about calling JL at that moment, but now I am wondering if things would have ended differently if I had called.

Last edited by agjil; Apr 8, 2019 at 8:14 pm Reason: Added more lines for clarity.