FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FA stay seated whole flight
View Single Post
Old Apr 8, 2019, 6:43 pm
dnrmil

Programs: Delta-Plat, USAir, Marriott-Plat, HHonors-Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I understand turbulence happens. However multiple times now on short SLC flights the crew stays seated the whole flight. They claim there's turbulence that severe. Only one problem! There is no turbulence, at all. It seems they just don't want to work. No service to the F cabin. Heck, they don't even get up to do a final cabin check! As a pilot I've gone online to look at PIREPs
, TAFs, SIGMETS and winds aloft. None indicate severe turbulence, in fact PIREPs normally indicate no turbulence .

Last night again flying out of SLC. Not one bump. Yet again, stay seated whole flight duration.
Interesting as I’ve felt the same way the last couple of weeks, this has become the norm rather than the exception. Before takeoff the flight attendant and Captain make announcements that due to expected turbulence they will request the flight attendants to keep their seats and then if possible they do a quick rundown the aisle with a glass of water. Overall these have been very smooth flights. At the end of the flight they make their standard apology that the turbulence was less than expected. I’m all for safety and feel bad for being annoyed but it is becoming expected.

I understand their #1 requirement is safety but if you are moving away from providing in flight services then own that motto and adjust your pricing and move to the model that will charge for snacks, drinks, etc.