FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FA stay seated whole flight
View Single Post
Old Apr 8, 2019, 4:49 pm
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by saxman66
Flight attendant injuries due to turbulence have gone up over recent years and I believe the regional in question has really started to take turbulence more seriously. So this is coming from management. In recent month pilot's are asked to communicate anticipated turbulence to FA's more frequently now with actual instructions whether or not they can be up. Dispatch has been trying to do a better job at sending predicted turbulence reports to pilot's as well. So perhaps the information the pilot's got is that it is going to be bumpy, and they asked the FA's to remain seated. You should certainly complain, but it might not change much if it's safety related.
If there was info indicating it was even a possibility I'd understand, especially given short length of flight. However, as noted in OP, I've looked up PIREPs, SIGMETs, TAFs, and Winds Aloft. Negative on all but one or two flights for turbulence of any moderation, muchless significant turbulence requring sitting down for whole flight.