FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Overhead bins for large items ONLY??
View Single Post
Old Apr 8, 2019, 3:45 pm
VegasGambler
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Collierkr
i am-one of those that feel if you only have one small item you should eat it at your feet.
I'm of the opinion that this makes no sense.

I own a small backpack that easily fits under the seat. I also own a small-medium sized rollerboard that doesn't. I only ever carry on one of them at a time.

I'm unwilling to put anything under the seat in front of me (that's where my feet go). Are you saying that I should fly with the rollerboard even if I only have a few things that would fit easily in the backpack? Because if I have to do that in order to keep my overhead bin space, I will. But that doesn't make much sense. I should be able to travel with my backpack and not give up that space (at least, not give all of it up -- you could fit 3-4 of these backpacks in the space that the rollerboard takes up).

If the rule is that I have to travel with the rollerboard and take up 3x the space that I need, again, I will. I'm not the one getting his bag gate-checked so I don't care. I'm happy to take up only the space that I need (and no more), but not if that means that I get bumped for someone with a larger bag.