FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Overhead bins for large items ONLY??
View Single Post
Old Apr 8, 2019, 11:03 am
chavala

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by pindi
Really? Had I been forced to check my laptop bag, I would have to either carry my laptop in my hand for the rest of the flight as large electronics are not allowed in the seatback pocket, OR risk the damage/theft of laptop while checked. And you believe I should not be upset over being put in a situation like that? What if it was a less seasoned traveler who was forced to check their bag and lost the bag in transit? We each have our breaking point where we believe spending such mental energy is needed. This was mine. Glad to know your level of tolerance for such nonsense is higher.
I think this would be my breaking point as well. There is no way I could have shut up after the FA asked "You wanna try me?". I would have replied "Yes".
So then what? He calls the captain and has me kicked off the flight. For what reason? Because he feels like it???
They would surely have to call the cops and Dr. Dao me off, because I would not go willingly, and in the interim I would be recording everything (as I'm sure my seat mates would be).
And you are completely right (on your previous post) if we don't start standing up to this BS it will only get worse.