FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking Flights, Rooms, Cars, Cruises, Activities through Chase/Expedia portal.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 10:08 am
edgewood49

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by serpens
Emphatically I agree that Chase should get the portal fixed. Whether it's by having Expedia fix it or changing vendors is not significant.

I almost replied to your earlier comment about how the portal will "play into my decision in renewing or cancelling" the card, but I expect to use my UR points by transferring them, and I thought most people believed this was the best use. Again, Chase should not allow Expedia to devalue the points, but since a fully functional portal would still be a secondary use for my points, I don't expect to cancel. YMMV, but I am interested to hear other opinions.
While as a businessman I can understand Chase's reasoning in having a company such as Expedia run their rewards program the problem is that Expedia is running it their way. Repeatedly I have looked at international booking availability over a six to 9 month period and every hotel I chose was not available for rewards call Expedia something. Yet when one goes to the hotel chain websites and seek the same exact booking it shows available. These are specific real booking request for up coming trips. Prior to Expedia Chase Rewards was pretty good, great service now it's Expedia. So I am transferring points to a hotel chain account and an airline, to be fair I take advantage of AMEX bonus points transfer at times this month 125% to AF which to me is a deal.