FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How does PlusPoints / Mileage Upgrade waitlist for business work with PremiumPlus?
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:51 am
PTahCha
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by ryman554
Incorrect. You forgot to read one paragraph down:

<bolding mine>

The GS in Y *should* be behind the 1K in R, at least according to published rules. We'll see about the unpublished ones. It would really be great if folks in OAR would clear into PN...... but pigs may also fly.

I agree with the "purchased" part, although a part of me hopes that "RN" via instrument/miles+copay is a "purchase". But again, there might be an ice cream shop in hades.
Read your bolded statement again, which states using the priority order listed above, which is what I referenced. The statement you have pointed out is technically correct, and that is in case of a tie breaker, a member in purchased Premium Economy fare would trump a member in economy. However, the order is still status first, then underlying purchase fare (not upgraded).

Originally Posted by mauld
I'm a bit confused over Premium Plus seating .... I'm doing a quick M/R EWR-LAX-EWR in early May. I booked UA240 Dreamliner in G fare ($321 r/t), and am only UA Gold. I originally choose seat 31G, but then changed it to 21J (PP?) without any issues. The website confirmed my change, but reading posts, it appears that a move to PP would necessitate some sort of Upgrade?? None was asked for, nor charged. I do understand that upgrading to Polaris/Business on this flight can't occur without payment/certs etc. Will my 'new' PP choice be rescinded ?
PS- my return UA510 is on a 752, I assume no free upgrades from economy on that flight either ?
For domestic flights, PP seating is part of E+, not a separate cabin. You'll be fine, well, until they changed the rule on domestic PP.