FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis San Francisco [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2019, 3:11 pm
acrophobia

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Originally Posted by bhrubin

The regular room categories tend to be about the floors; higher room categories tend to be on higher floors. The Grand Deluxe rooms have slightly better views if I recall correctly.

Ambassador guests usually are very well accommodated and upgraded here—based on availability. If it’s a low occupancy weekend, your chances for a suite upgrade are quite good; if it’s a higher occupancy weekend, not so much. Overall the hotel often has pretty high occupancy and generally is considered by most to be the best large hotel in the city.

I love this hotel. I’ve never not been upgraded to a suite here as an Ambassador guest, but I’m also a very frequent guest. I was last here in December and will be back in a few weeks.

PLEASE NOTE: the hotel is expected to begin renovations of public spaces and some rooms/suites starting sometime in the summer.
The renovations are concerning to me - have not heard about this before. Do you know about when they are expected to start? If it will be during our time there I’m probably inclined to go elsewhere.