FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Final Good-Bye AA Y&J, FR, SN,OS J. LH-J
View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2019, 12:50 pm
FlightNurse
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
So the following day we were heading back to Dublin for our flight Edinburgh, the drive was just as incredible as the others in this part of the country the drive took roughly 3 hours.

One thing we learned was farmers share fields so the sheep, lamb or whatever they own with different color paint.

Of course it started to rain it wouldn't be Ireland if didn't.

Another small town we came across.

Just a random shot on our drive, this is why Ireland is the Emerald Isle, the shade of green is amazing.

We stayed at the Crown Plaza Dublin Airport, it was nice enough but nothing over the top, we meet some locals at the bar, the hotel is located among apartment so it was interesting evening, of course we got asked about Trump, and we asked about Brixtit. Always interesting when politics gets thrown into the mix.

The next day we are flying from DUB-EDI, now, when I looking for flights there are three ways of getting to EDI from DUB, Ryan AIr, Aer Lingus, or BA. FR is the cheapest, Aer Lingus was the most expensive, and BA makes you fly down to London first then to EDI. So I chose FR, if you haven't seen the UK comedy show "Come Fly With Me" you are missing out, it's portrays FR perfectly... I don't have much photos as I got yelled out multiple times from FR personal I guess they do not want documentation of the fact they are truly a HORRIBLE airlines.

We arrived at the airport 2.5 hours before our flight. Now, if you DO NOT check in the night before your flight you are charged to check in (...) so we check in 2 days before our flight, on FR you can check in 2 weeks before your flight. At the airport we went to the bag drop off, a lovely agent helped as I had some questions (I was hoping not to get charged for these questions) she answered them, one question was was my roller board OK to take on board (they have strict rules on this) she stood up from behind he counter and my roller board ad said, Yes. Now I had purchased 2 checked item (it was cheap like 8 Euro) so in case it was too big I could check my roller. We checked one bag, and headed to the gate with my roller bag, I had purchased Fast Track, which was a breeze, but man, I miss our TSA Pre-Check, we had to take out Laptops iPad, belts, and shoes. Got through security repacked everything in my backpack, and we headed off to Priority Pass lounge T1 Airside - pass through Security Checks and follow signs to the lounge. The lounge is situated on the 2nd Level and access is via the stairs or lifts located in the center of the Security Check Area. It was much larger then I had expected, they out sandwich, salads, pastries and self pour booze.Must better spread of items then I would have assumed. After an hour we headed to the gate,

When we arrived at the gate people had started to line up, we had priority boarding so we got into the line, as we approached the gate agents, one gate agent asked me to see if my bag would fit in the sizer, when I saw it I knew it wasn't going to fit. When it didn't the other agent yelled out, that will be 50 pounds, when I asked a question she yelled back at me "IF you want to make this flight it will be 50 pounds to check your bag" I think stated I purchased 2 check bags and one of your employees saw my roller bag and told me it would fit. I got back 50 pounds if you want your bag on this flight. She was just as rude to another american passenger. She wouldn't even look at my reservation... So I paid the 50 pounds, got on board. I was in 1C and Hubby was 2D. FLight was delayed 25 minutes because no one ordered fuel for the plane. I had my jacket on my lap and was yelled at by the female FA saying that I can't have my jacket there because she can't see if my seat belt is secured. I asked her is it mandatory to have your seat secure while the cabin door is still open? She just walked away. Hubby had his seat belt on, and the same FA yelled at him for having his seat belt secured on the ground why the plane was being refueled!! So what is it ? Now, with FR you board via the planes own air-stairs no enclosed jetway, so basically if you are in the first couple of rows you will FREEZE your butt off. Remember FR does not give water out for free everything you pay for.

Once airborne the first thing that the FA tried to pawn was lottery tickets, 30 minutes into the flight in flight service started, I don't think they finished the service and once the pilot the started his decent (about 15 minutes later) the two FA's put the carts away and sat down. They were not the friendliest crew I've had...

We arrived in EDI on time, once we got to the gate and the planes stairs were deployed door open we were told we can not deplane because they can not get the doors to the terminal open.... We waited 20 minutes for that to happen. This was truly a miserable flight...

I was able to get a couple of photos, my seat, BTW it was only 40 degrees in DUB and the same temp in EDI so row one really did freeze.

Air stairs

BA flight to London, I'd take that flight over anything FR offers. My worse experience on AA or anything airlines in the US does not match the horrible experience of FR..

So next the start of our Scotland experience.