FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - M&M Mastercard and Diners for UK members [ended April 2021]
Old Apr 7, 2019, 9:59 am
Richmond_Surrey

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Some practical information from last few months of card usage:
1. It's a charge card and in theory there's no limit but it's printed on card statement. Mine was rather low and I asked to increase it. I was asked how much I want and then to send 3 months of bank statements by email, after redacting all sensitive information. I called around 16.00 and was told told it will be checked straight away and if approved, applied the same night. Got confirmation around 18.00, that limit was increased. Pretty quick process.
2. It seems that pre-paid Mastercard doesn't work in veterinary clinics (known issue they are aware of). I was told to use Diners and that I will be awarded with miles for transactions that were rejected. I haven't had my statement yet, to confirm, that miles were awarded. I used Diners on next visit and was surprised it works at vet. They use Worldpay terminal, not sure from what bank. It's actually the only place in UK, where I managed to pay with Diners so far.
3. Lounge access was charged to the card two months after the actual entry. I read on another forum that such delay is typical.
4. Lufthansa lounge voucher is pretty useless. I couldn't use it for SAS flight. I was going to use it in Munich but in the end flew on another airline and abandoned my Lufthansa flight. Not sure if I manage to use it by October. I rarely fly on Lufthansa group airlines listed on voucher. I'm surprised LOT is not included.
5. I still wasn't able to change PIN on Diners. Not a lot of ATMs that allow that.

Last edited by Richmond_Surrey; Apr 7, 2019 at 10:04 am