FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How does PlusPoints / Mileage Upgrade waitlist for business work with PremiumPlus?
Old Apr 6, 2019, 6:05 pm
ryman554

Programs: UA 1KMM
Originally Posted by PTahCha
Here's the upgrade order, from UA website:

Upgrade is still being processed based on the old way - status trumps fare class. So a GS in Y would be ahead of line than a 1K in R, not withstanding the special rule-breaking benefit bestowed upon GS members.

Also, upgrade is processed based on underlying fare, not where you are sitting. So a 1K member who pre-upgraded to Premium Plus with a W fare would be behind a 1K with H fare sitting in E+.
Incorrect. You forgot to read one paragraph down:

Upgrade confirmation priority on flights with United® Premium Plus
On aircraft with United® Premium Plus, we’ll first process United Polaris business class or United Business waitlists for all members who have purchased United® Premium Plus seats, using the priority order listed above. We’ll then process waitlists for members with United Economy seats, using the same priority order.
<bolding mine>

The GS in Y *should* be behind the 1K in R, at least according to published rules. We'll see about the unpublished ones. It would really be great if folks in OAR would clear into PN...... but pigs may also fly.

I agree with the "purchased" part, although a part of me hopes that "RN" via instrument/miles+copay is a "purchase". But again, there might be an ice cream shop in hades.