FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Some candid thoughts from a director of rooms
Old Apr 6, 2019, 5:21 pm
C17PSGR

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I wouldn't be confident on the accuracy of his information.

I've not seen anything in the news regarding hotel fees radically changing. Plus, while hotels change flags all the time, there's nothing out of the ordinary on the current hotels changing. In many or most cases, they leave because they don't want to spend money to renovate to Marriott standards. That's particularly the case with Sheraton properties.

Among other hints of inaccuracy, I would be very surprised if many hotels are anywhere close to the 50 percent guests there on points.

But, of course, Marriott has pulled legacy Starwood properties off of Lightspeed, which had far more limitations as a property management system compared to MARSHA. I wouldn't be surprised if they had problems the first day. On the other hand, hotels hire FD folks all the time and they get up to speed with training. If that hotel is still having problems after several weeks of using the system, that indicates some weakness in management.