FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Westin Verasa Napa [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Apr 6, 2019, 3:23 pm
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
It's still listed on the website as a Westin. Are you referring to what it's like now that it's part of the MAR portfolio of hotels? I'd be interested in a breakfast update as well, so that I can update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
All Starwoods are now Marriotts, regardless of how they're titled. They're managed and run like Marriotts, and have the same attitude toward customers. That is about what I'm referring. It's still a "Westin," but really, it's a Marriott. But, for example, the Las Alcobas, which used to be available on points regularly, is now no longer available on points most of the time, and though it used to be available for 20,000 Starwood points, now it takes 85,000 Marriott points on the few times when it is available. Upgrades at both hotels, while previously common under Starwood, are now few and far between.

Anyway, I called the Verasa, and their breakfast benefit is still what it was under Starwood, i.e., not worth it. Continental breakfast only, or a $10 coupon toward an otherwise overpriced breakfast menu (average breakfast around $20+ with entree, juice and coffee)