FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Dynamic Award Pricing" by UA; questions, experiences, .... {Archive}
Old Apr 6, 2019, 11:25 am
FlyingHighlander

Originally Posted by st530
I'm around 2.65 M lifetime UA miles and will probably slog through with United and the Chase MileagePlus Club Card for a couple of more years to get to 3 M, then re-assess. Or should I switch now to AMEX Plat or Chase Sapphire Reserve even if I'll still be flying mostly all UA for a couple of more years? (Not as savvy with the CC's as I should be ...)
Do you value the UA Club membership from the credit card? If so, keep it even if you don't put your spend on it.
Do you rely on the PQD waiver via the Club Card? If so, you might need to keep it for $25K spend.
My personal plan will be to have the Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x travel/dining) and Chase Freedom Unliimted (for everything else at 1.5x transferrable points into Chase Ultimate Rewards). Then I can decide what miles I may want to convert those rewards into per Chase's transfer partners.

Originally Posted by glbltvlr
No - just commenting that UA has effectively raised the miles required for international J to the UK by not releasing any Saver seats. The suggestion above to look at partners was good. There do seem to be Swiss and TAP J seats open in the fall for 70K each way. Not a fan of the extra stop, but if that's what it takes.
Indeed, partners will be your best bet. Consider economy for the return if it's a day flight.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 6, 2019 at 11:52 am Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member