FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience
Old Apr 6, 2019, 5:26 am
hscottm

Programs: United Gold
I know we take anything we hear from crew with a grain of salt, but I was on The inaugural March 30 EWR-HKG PP flight (which as if they day switched to a 77W). Had bought PP and then got lucky and GPU cleared to Polaris. Sorry for delay in posting this but just returned from a busy trip. By the way only 2 upgrades cleared in the last few days - mine at T-24 and someone else lucky at the last minute.

i was chatting with a male crew member who was providing excellent service and during the flight told him what I said above. I asked what meal service was like in PP and his response was something like “they haven’t fully finalized the menus, meals, or service”. I was surprised since of course the product had just launched and he he said “a few more weeks”.

again, who knows, but it would explain the lack of menus, inconsistent service, etc, has anyone else checked on this?

Two more thoughts

1) the crew in Polaris was outstanding but matches what I have generally seen on EWR Asia flights. And the captain had turned on channel 9 the whole flight. I asked for it and then plugged in my headset and found it already on for the first time in a year.

2)there was NO promotion that I could see for the launch of PP, which sort of surprised me given recent United activities. Since it was the inaugural 77W flight on this route, all the Polaris seats had a stuffed bear - which my kid had named and adopted remotely by the time we took off :-)