FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions
Old Apr 6, 2019, 12:27 am
MTJ Bound
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, UA Premier Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Various Rental Car Statuses
Originally Posted by Mikey Mike Mike
having done my first biz flight from London to Toronto with MF in Biz since the enhancements, I'd make the following observations :
The service was woefully slow to start. With one crew in the galley and one working each side (the CSM was initially) missing, it took me 80 minutes to get a drink! We had passedt the west coast of Ireland and other than hot towels, I saw no one for almost an hour. Sitting in the fifth row of six didn't help, and facing backwards I couldn't see the slow progress up the aisle. I think an extra crew member is really needed on both sides, or had the CSM been there to assist. The A/B side was faster than my side. Once I got the drinks, service sped up as everyone had something to occupy themselves with.
All choices available - nice Spinach and Watercress soup but not enough of it. Cheese Cheesecake was ok but way too cold and not enough cheese in it or pickled cucumber. Beef was overcooked but tender, roast potatoes and parsnips were undercooked with the star being the cabbage.
I sent the sticky toffee pudding back as the creme anglaise was hiding on the plate. (in doing a swirl, it got lost). I asked for more creme anglaise and the second plate was sent back for the same reason. Finally they twigged and took a nut dish and put a nice big dollop on the side. Cheese was very average in selection.
Talking of nuts - none were served due to PAX with nut and sesame seed allergies but they provided no alternate. ie no pretzels or crisps which could have be put in a nut bowl as a gesture. (improvise)
No ice cream offered from the back.
On the plus side, and I've seen neither offered before - a glass of champagne offered before landing, as well as a fresh bottle of water.

Can't wait for Do and Co to take over the food production as regardless of new menus and enhancements - the food is still average. The big issue was the slowness of service - especially that first drink. Do a quick drinks round - even with a cart and it keeps everyone happy and amused. I can't decide if MF crew are slower or they genuinely more crew
Sending a pudding back for more sauce is a little much in my view. I would never even consider it. Thought perhaps not as high maintenance about my colleague who complained about cold butter on UA and made them heat it.