FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)
Old Apr 5, 2019, 8:06 pm
gilbertaue

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by KonaGuy
I have been Fairmont platinum for several years. When I heard they were being bought by Accor I was a bit excited - more properties...etc. But this has turned into probably the biggest hospitality merger fiasco ever. I cannot help but think Accor management is utterly incompetent. I have experienced many of the same issues people are describing on Flyertalk regarding web site issues, inability to book, and so forth. In most cases I have used my status to either contact FPCPlatinum by email, which seems to be somewhat in place, or to contact hotels directly. I am also close enough to staff at some Fairmonts after years of being a regular to hear their own perspective. They echo the frustration with the utter incompetence of management.

The CS people seem similarly frustrated. As just one trivial example, I have a Phd. Accor now refers to me as "DOC." To non-Americans I'll explain that that terms has slightly negative connotations when used by someone non-familiar (Think "What's up Doc?" and Bugs Bunny). When I pointed out their faux pas the response was rude telling me that in some places that's a correct term and they will not be changing it. Now, I'm not a ring knocker and don't really know why they know I am Dr. except maybe an assistant shared that at some point and Fairmont, being the high-touch, service-oriented people they are, noted it. But to be told I just have to put up with being called a slightly derisive name just demonstrates their gross incompetence. If I were the CEO and I heard something like that, I'd call my IT guy and tell him to fix it before he goes home...and I've been a direct report to a CEO and have received such direct orders when something so ridiculous happens.

I'm posting this in the "new program" thread because maybe, just maybe, they have decided to make no changes until they roll out a completely fixed program. Yeah, I'm dreaming!
FYI, in the process of being rectified.

(they have seen the post)