FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Dynamic Award Pricing" by UA; questions, experiences, .... {Archive}
Old Apr 5, 2019, 8:05 pm
raehl311

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
While everyone's focusing on the negatives, I really like the fact that the close-in fees are going away.

Dynamic pricing has been here for a while - I just paid 65,000 for a domestic round-trip two weeks ago. But the cash fare was ridiculous, so it was still a deal in the end.
​​​​​​
The close-in fees aren't going away, they're just switching to miles. After Nov. 15 that 65,000 miles + close-in fee ticket will just be a 100,000 mile ticket.

Originally Posted by nomad420
Off topic but basic rule here, if someone is scheduled to fly on that flight that PAX (original ticket holder) has priority over all others regardless of status. From what I understand they WILL NOT do it (even for GS).
​​​​​They'll do it if the Y fare is higher than what they'd have to give out in IDB compensation...

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 5, 2019 at 9:49 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member